If you have excess fat around your waistline, you probably find yourself unattractive. You surely don’t want to keep having this issue as this can lead to lower self-esteem. Thankfully, there are some key steps you can take to get rid of the problem. A few of the strategies that have been proven to target belly fat are listed below:
1. Cut the CRAP. Caffeine, Refined sugar, Alcohol, and Processed foods – these are what CRAP stands for. If you think all these are harmless, then you are wrong! Avoid them all like a plague if you want to have a flatter belly in under a week.
2. Stay away from the spice. Spicy foods can fuel your appetite, but this is not the reason why you should avoid them. Whenever you eat anything spicy, your stomach releases more acid than usual. When this happens, irritation can occur and this can lead to digestive problems that contribute to bloating. You don’t have to completely eliminate spice in your life. Seasonings, such as fresh or dried herbs, are recommended to keep you healthy and belly fat-free.
3. Opt for the right fruits for your goal. Fruits and veggies are your friends, particularly if you want to get rid of belly flab in six days. Choose those that are low in sugar or at least have a balanced amount of fructose and glucose. Examples of these include citrus fruits, berries, and grapes. Fruits are healthy, but those that have high fructose content, such as apples and pears, can affect how your stomach digests food. This can cause unnecessary weight gain, so be smart in choosing what you eat.
4. Go easy on the carbs. Pasta and bagels may be your favorite, but you may want to cut down your consumption of these foods if you want to successfully lose belly fat. Eat eggs and protein-rich foods for breakfast. Choose low-fat foods as well and brown rice, if you need some carbs in your diet.
5. Avoid milk. As much as possible, don’t drink milk, especially if you are lactose intolerant. This is because it can cause you to feel gassy and make your stomach appear bloated. Go for healthier alternatives, such as hard cheese, yogurt, and those without lactose.
6. Don’t eat salty foods. Sodium causes the body to retain more fluid. Foods, such as microwaveable meals and commercially-prepared salsas, have high sodium content that contribute to a number of health conditions. Eat fresh foods instead and avoid adding salt to your meals to flatten your belly.
These six methods are easy and yet they are very effective in helping you achieve your flat belly goal in less than a week.