You get apple cider vinegar (ACV) from crushed apples. It is very nutritious with traces of pectin, pantothenic acid, niacin, folic acid, vitamin C, and many others. ACV is a salad dressing staple, but it has many other uses that you may or may not be familiar with. This type of vinegar can be used on your skin, hair, and for other beauty purposes as well as for your health and even in cleaning your home.
Beauty Uses of ACV
- Anti-Dandruff: Get rid of dandruff by washing your hair with a tablespoon (two if you have longer hair) of apple cider vinegar and a glass of water. Rinse after an hour.
- Acne Fighter: Remove acne by using ACV as an astringent. Add a little bit of water in a cotton ball soaked in vinegar and apply directly to your face. You can also use it to lighten your blemishes.
Health Uses of ACV
- Upset Stomach Soother: Whether you are constipated or you think you have food poisoning, you can simply drink diluted apple cider vinegar to feel better.
- Itch Reliever: It doesn’t matter what the cause of your itching is because apple cider vinegar is effective at relieving painful and annoying irritation. Just apply ACV to the affected area and you will immediately feel relief.
Home Maintenance Uses of ACV
- Surface Cleaner: Keep your kitchen and bathroom surfaces clean and sparkling with apple cider vinegar. It is a natural disinfectant that is not only non-toxic, but also absorbs odor. ACV is effective because it has antibacterial properties. It does not just clean; it removes bacteria that could harm you and your family.
- Garden Protector: Anyone with a garden does not want anything to do with weeds. You don’t need your green thumb to keep those weeds away because apple cider vinegar can act as a fertilizer and a weed killer in one. Pour in areas where there are weeds and this will kill them. For fertilizing your plants, mix 10 ounces of the vinegar and 10 gallons of water. You don’t need pesticides after using ACV.
More Uses of ACV
- Juice: Pair with grape juice, grapefruit juice, or honey and you can have your own tasty juice combination.
- Flavor Booster: This is specifically useful in soups as ACV can add a punch to your warm bowl of soup, including vegetable soup.
- For Baked Goods: Give your baked goods a bit of lift by adding apple cider vinegar to them. The flavor is very mild, so it will not affect the sweets.
Apple cider vinegar is indeed versatile. Plus, it is one of the healthiest foods around and is usually safe for everyone to consume.