The custard apple is a subtropical fruit that comes with many types including African Pride, Late Gold, and Geffner among others. Regardless of the variety you eat, the custard apple has a ton of health benefits that you will surely love to know about.
Why You Should Eat Custard Apple
Among the health benefits of custard apple include:
1. Gain Weight. If you have a problem with gaining weight, custard apples are here to help. Because this fruit has high levels of calories, the sugars it contains liven up your metabolic rate. As a result, your appetite is stimulated.
2. Better Immunity. Custard apples have vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant and therefore can easily fight the free radicals that enter the body. Vitamin C is also capable of preventing inflammation, while boosting immunity. With just one serving of the fruit every day, you will be able to get rid of infectious agents that can cause diseases.
3. Have Energy. Perhaps you worked out or you had a long day at work. Regardless of what happened, you can turn to custard apples to replenish your energy levels. This fruit is an excellent source of energy that enables it to reduce muscle weakness and prevent exhaustion.
4. Anti-Cancer. One of the best health benefits that custard apple can offer is its ability to fight cancer. This fruit, along with its tree, is a natural remedy used to strengthen the body. For instance, the bark of the tree is used to make herbal supplements because of the tannins and astringent properties it contains. Meanwhile, the fruit comes with compounds, including alkaloids and acetogenin which can reduce cancer risk as well as renal failure. When eaten regularly, custard apples fight the cancer cells without affecting your healthy cells.
5. Healthy Brain. Custard apples come with vitamin B complex, which has the control over your GABA neurotransmitter. Vitamin B complex can calm you down, relieve stress, and remove tension. You will no longer become depressed or irritable. Consuming bananas regularly is said to be beneficial for those who are at risk of Parkinson’s disease.
Custard apples are also rich in potassium, which can lower your blood pressure and even stop you from having heart disease and stroke. This fruit also has magnesium, which can help maintain the water balance in your body. If you have arthritis, you should add this fruit to your diet as it can remove the acids found in your joints.